Cloud Concepts – Summary
In this Series of post, you’ve learned about cloud computing, what it is and what its key characteristics are. Here are some of the things you covered.
- Different types of cloud models that are available and the considerations of using those different models.
- Some of the key terms and concepts such as high availability, agility, elasticity, fault tolerance, and CapEx vs. OpEx.
- The different cloud services available, the benefits of using the different types, and the management responsibilities under each service type.
- Cloud models such as public, private and hybrid, and what the key characteristics of each model are.
- The different types of cloud service available: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS; what the key characteristics of each service are and when you would choose one over the other.
Azure is Microsoft’s cloud computing platform. Azure provides over 100 services that enable you to do everything from running your existing applications on virtual machines to exploring new software paradigms such as intelligent bots and mixed reality.
Here are just a few kinds of services you’ll find on Azure:
- Compute services such as VMs and containers that can run your applications
- Database services that provide both relational and NoSQL choices
- Identity services that help you authenticate and protect your users
- Networking services that connect your datacenter to the cloud, provide high availability or host your DNS domain
- Storage solutions that can accommodate massive amounts of both structured and unstructured data
- AI and machine-learning services can analyze data, text, images, comprehend speech, and make predictions using data — changing the world of agriculture, healthcare, and much more.
- And many more!
Stay on the Azure Fundamentals Learning Path to learn more about how Microsoft Azure can help you build more secure, reliable, performant applications in the cloud.