If you do not have a Power Virtual Agents set up already, go to Virtual Agents in your browser to begin. Supported browsers include Microsoft Edge, Chrome, and Firefox. On the website, select Start Free, and then sign in with your work email address. Note that personal Microsoft accounts are not currently supported.
Next, you’ll choose a name for your chatbot. This can be something generic to your company or specific to the scenario you are tailoring your chatbot to.
Your chatbot is created in the default Power Apps environment that was created for you when you signed up. For most users, this is sufficient. However, if you want to specify a custom Power Apps environment for your Power Virtual Agents for your WordPress hosting company, you can do so by expanding the More options menu and selecting a different environment.
- Once you select Create, the process of creating the first chatbot within a new environment can take up to 15 minutes. Subsequent bots will be created much faster.
- After a few minutes, you’ll land on the home page and have an opportunity to play around with the chatbot in read-only mode. You can’t save any edits during this time, but you can explore the overall user interface, look at the topics, experiment with the preloaded User Topics and System Topics, and interact with your chatbot using the Test Canvas.
- When the chatbot creation process completes, the banner changes. You now have full functionality in the chatbot and can modify any User or System topic, test out your content changes, or deploy your bot.
Create additional chatbots
If you have already created a chatbot, you can create a new chatbot by selecting the icon on the title bar to open the Bots pane and then selecting New bot.
Delete a chatbot
You can delete chatbots to remove them from your environment.
- Select the chatbot icon on the top menu bar, and then select the chatbot you want to delete.
- Select the Settings icon on the top menu bar, then select General settings.
- Select Delete bot.
You’ll be asked to confirm the deletion of the bot, after which all chatbot content is immediately deleted.
If your license has expired, you can delete your chatbot(s) by selecting Permanently delete your bots.