Choosing the right Linux OS is critical for your IT Company. Here are
four considerations that can help determine which Linux operating system can best support innovation, streamline operations, and help your
organization succeed in the long term.
1. Accelerate innovation
Gain the freedom and flexibility to innovate more efficiently
across your hybrid cloud environment.
Streamline operations so teams can spend less time on maintenance
and more time working on projects that deliver real business value
and empower innovation with:
- A platform built for hybrid cloud development and for the
operations teams that use it.
- The freedom to build, deploy, and scale applications and
workloads without requiring new training.
- Tools to manage existing applications and the latest technology
to help support faster innovation and increased agility.
- Built-in automation capabilities that help simplify how operations
teams deploy, scale, and manage applications in production.
2. Mitigate risk
Look for a Linux solution that offers organizations the
confidence to build on a stable and consistent foundation
with security features built-in.
To minimize security flaws and more effectively manage challenges
that could pose a risk, choose a platform that has security features
and security profiles to help reduce risk and maintain compliance.
Consider features such as:
- Government and regulated industry standards, such as
Common Criteria and Federal Information Processing Standards
(FIPS) validations and certifications.
- Development practices that minimize security flaws across the
entire code base before shipping.
- Stable applications written specifically for your Linux
distribution, which will help to reduce application migration
issues across life cycles.
- The ability to stay ahead of threats with integrated and automated controls that monitor the security of IT infrastructure to help your teams more efficiently detect and manage threats, compliance, performance, availability, and stability weaknesses.
3. Simplify infrastructure
Complex infrastructure can cause many challenges for
organizations—from decreased efficiency to increased
With a consistent and repeatable Linux platform for all
deployments, whether on-premise, virtualized, in cloud
environments, or at the edge, organizations can streamline
infrastructure, as well as:
- Increase operational efficiency by standardizing, allowing teams
to do more, faster.
- Accelerate speed of innovation and boost business agility with
the freedom to select the solutions they need from a vast
catalog of supported hardware, software, and cloud partners.
- More easily configure, deploy, and manage at scale, helping keep
costs low and maintain efficiency as their infrastructure grows.
- Reduce time spent on complex operational tasks with predictive
analytics to proactively detect issues, analyze configurations,
and prescribe remediations.
4. Prepare for long-term success
Think beyond what challenges you can solve today and take
advantage of tools and support that can help you prepare
for long-term success.
A reliable foundation sets organizations up for lasting success
- Stability and longevity for operations which can maintain critical
applications for 10 years or more.
- Access to published predictable release cycles, end-of maintenance dates, upgrade options, and compatibility information to help plan IT maintenance and application refreshes appropriately.
- Migration and automation tools that simplify the task of
updating to the latest version or migration from other Linux
- A global support network of experienced technical support
- An extensive software and hardware partner ecosystem
Read the post “5 Best Web Hosting Reddit Users Recommend in 2022“to find out what is the best web hosting according to Reddit.